Label 10

Home » » Not planning career : Neha Sharma

Not planning career : Neha Sharma

Written By Unknown on Monday 8 July 2013 | 22:21


Neha Sharma has learnt the hard way that a career in Bollywood is unpredictable, and says that hard work does not really ensure success. After her debut film Crook bombed at the box office, the actress stopped trying to plan her career.

"I have stopped planning. I planned for my first film Crook - that it would be a smash hit and I would be an overnight sensation. You know how newcomers are, they live in this whole fairytale, like, 'Oh my God, everything's going to be so good and perfect.' When the film didn't do well, I realised I should stop judging and planning, and that all that happens is for the best. Success or failure is a part of life. So I am getting used to all that. I am not planning as such, that I am going to do 20 films, do this or that kind of role. Whatever happens, I'll go with the flow," she says.

Though she always wanted to be a fashion designer, Neha, who has also starred in films like Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum and Jayantabhai Ki Luv Story, wants to carry on with acting. "I always wanted to be a fashion designer, for as long as I can think of. Acting happened by chance, so I call it beginner's luck, actually. I am planning to carry on for as long as I can," Neha says.

She very candidly admits that it's not easy to find a foothold in the industry if you do not belong to a film family, and that an actor is as good as his or her film's box office success.

"I have done six films, and so far what I have understood is that if you are not from a film family, you are not going to have everything arranged on a platter for you. You will have to strive for success, strive for every film and fight for another opportunity. Each time your film fails, the struggle is going to be there. I don't think anybody looks at a failed film and says, 'Oh the girl was really talented'. It doesn't really matter how talented you are or how good an actor you are. I have understood this over the years. A hit film is always a good film. That's something I believe in," Neha says.
Share this article :

Post a Comment

Label 3

Gallery
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. . - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger